The System Administrator (SA) is responsible for maintaining, upgrading and managing company software, hardware and networks. Resourcefulness is a necessary skill in this role. You should be able to diagnose and resolve problems quickly. SA should also have the patience to communicate with a variety of interdisciplinary teams and users. The SA’s goal is be to ensure that corporate technology infrastructure runs smoothly and efficiently.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES:
• Install and configure software and hardware and related infrastructure
• Participate in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure
• Administer servers, desktop computers, printers, routers, switches, firewalls, phones, personal digital assistants, smartphones, software deployment, security updates and patches
• Set up accounts and workstations
• Monitor performance and maintain systems according to requirements
• Troubleshoot issues and outages
• Ensure security through access controls, backups and firewalls
• Upgrade systems with new releases and models
• Technical analysis and design; and support of operations staff in executing, testing and rolling-out solutions
• Develop expertise to train staff on new technologies
• Assist project teams with technical issues in the initiation and planning phases of standard Project Management Methodology
• Build an internal wiki with technical documentation, manuals and IT policies
• Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary
• Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning
• Interpret and/or discuss information with others, which involves terminology or concepts not familiar to many people
• Regularly provide advice and recommend actions involving rather complex issues
• Other duties as assigned (Job functions and duties may change at any time with or without notice.)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor (4-year) degree, with a technical major, such as engineering or computer science.
Microsoft (MS Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA)) is desired.
Four to six years system administration experience required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Working knowledge of computer hardware, software and peripherals.
2. Installing new/rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
3. Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
4. Leadership and teambuilding skills.
5. Ability to define and resolve technical problems.
6. Ability to work in changing environment with frequent interruptions, changing priorities and deadlines.
7. Ability to work across departmental lines.
8. Ability to make decisions under stressful situations.
9. Insight into and understanding of the impact that information technology systems have on corporate profitability.
10. Ability to make decisions without direction.
11. Working knowledge of computer networks, applications programming and computer operations.
12. Ability to work well with people from different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience.
13. Extensive experience with VMware/ MS Exchange/Active directory.
14. Ability to respond to help desk requests after hours on a limited basis
While performing the duties of this job, the SA is regularly required to talk or hear. The SA frequently is required to stand; walk; stoop; bend, use hands and fingers, to handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Normal working conditions. Responsibilities sometimes require working evenings and weekends, sometimes with little advanced notice.
$55,000 – $85,000
Send resume to:
North Carolina Mutual Life Insurance Company
411 West Chapel Hill Street
Durham, North Carolina 27701
|Job Category||Information Technology|