A Customer Service Representative is responsible for handling an array of duties. Some of these tasks including interacting with customers over the phone and/or via email. Throughout all of these interactions Customer Service Representatives must maintain a high level of professionalism and present the organization in the best light possible. Each interaction affects the company’s bottom line in either a positive or negative way, so a great Customer Service Representative must add value to the organization.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES:
- Effectively manage large amount of incoming inquiries via phone, email, and letter. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Identify and assess customers’ needs to achieve satisfaction.
- Process policy changes, payments or other policy related matters.
- Build sustainable relationships of trust through open and interactive communication. Respond promptly to customer inquiries.
- Provide accurate, valid and complete information by using the right method/tools.
- Handle complaints, provide appropriate solutions and alternatives within specified time limits and follow up to ensure resolution.
- Follow procedures, guidelines and policies.
- Obtain and evaluate all relevant information to handle and service inquiries.
- Assist customers in filling and filing of policy documents and contact them whenever any error is discovered, or when documents need to be corrected.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree (Preferred) – Type at least 25 words per minute
- One (1) year working in a call center (Preferred)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- At least 1 – 3 years’ of relevant work experience
- Excellent phone etiquette and excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task, organize, take initiative, problem solve and prioritize work
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft office (Excel, Word)
- Appropriate home office workspace with internet access
- Work from Home Position with possible onsite training & meetings
- Monday –Thursday 8:30am to 5:00pm & Friday 8:30 am to 12:30 pm
$25,480 – $32,760
Send resume to: HR@ncmutuallife.com – Amaris Duran – 919 313-7867
North Carolina Mutual Life Insurance Company
411 West Chapel Hill Street
Durham, North Carolina 27701