North Carolina Mutual Life Insurance Company receives numerous requests for funding throughout the calendar year. We prefer to provide funding to an organization once in a 12-month period. Therefore, we encourage you to first do a comprehensive evaluation of your organization’s funding needs and programmatic goals/outcomes to determine the subject matter area and amount to pursue. Our programmatic funding areas are financial literacy and education. Final approval for program funds will typically occur in the prior year before the release of funds.
Requests for event sponsorship should occur at least 60 days before the event date.
All funding requests must be entered through the application available on our website ncmutuallife.com. The Company cannot accept funding requests in other formats. Once received, each application is reviewed, researched and assessed. To qualify for funding consideration, your organization must meet the following criteria:
- Have current tax-exempt status as a public charity under Section 501(c)(3) of the United States Internal Revenue Code or be a governmental entity
- Serve communities that are also served by NCMLIC
- Serve communities without discrimination against any individual on the basis of race, creed, gender, age, sexual orientation or national origin
- Have method by which to measure, track and report one or more program outcomes and specific results that demonstrate measurable community impact as well as contribute to the company’s corporate goals and objectives.
Corporate contributions are not available for:
- Organizations with a substantial purpose of influencing any political, legislative or regulatory cause
- Fraternal, veteran or labor membership organization serving only the members of that organization
- Organizations offering or providing either NCMLIC, their respective officers or employees, any benefit from the grant
- The Company does not fund grants for programs and projects associated with:
- Sporting events
- General operating expenses
- Capital investments and improvements